Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Always in My Heart!





Anyone who knows me knows I have a very hard time with Good Byes. I hate losing contact with anyone. I try my best to keep up with all my friends, in all the many places I have lived.

When I was younger I would sometimes go spend the summer's with my Grandparents. They even took me to the beach and Disneyland one year. Just me, which was exciting to have all that attention on me when I had 6 other brothers and sisters. Well when it was time to leave my parents to go with my grandparents I would just cry and cry and cry to have to leave them. But never failed, when it was time for me to go back home I would cry and cry and cry to leave my grandparents. Simply said Good bye is just to hard for me.

Now is coming up on the time I have to say Good Bye to my Grandma. Nothing has changed, I still feel so sad. My Grandma is in her 80's and has had a good long life. But It's so hard to know she won't be there anymore. My Grandma has been there through many of trials through out my life. I have so many fun memories of playing at her house, fun trips, foot loops when she would come to California to visit us. Most of all, playing Skipbo ( Skipboo to her). My husband and I since we met have played this game. We usually play a couple of games before bed. When ever I stayed with my Grandma we would play a few games before bed too. So she is never to far from memory.

I am so glad my Grandma got to meet my daughter at Christmas time. But I am so sad that my Daughter won't be able to really know my Grandma. My Heart also goes out to my Grandpa. I know he really loves her. I can't imagine after a life with Brett how hard it would be to say Good Bye. I pray that he is comforted along with all the others in my family.

I love you Grandma!!!!

2 comments:

Misty said...

Good-Bye's are hard, I'm sorry.

Steven and Kimberly said...

They are hard, but your grandma was a woman who loved her Creator, and I know that He will remember her.