Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Jesus!



I wanted to hurry and make this post before I forget all the sweet little things about Kaiya from the last night and this morning.

Last Night poor Brett had to work. But Kaiya and I were invited for dinner at a friends house. She made us such a great dinner and it was nice to enjoy time with friends. Afterward Kaiya and I took cookies, brownies and peanut butter popcorn to Brett'"s work along with some drinks. I thought it was so cute on the way out the door Kaiya turned and told the security guard "Merry Christmas" She also made sure to put many smiles on the elderly (Brett works in a nursing home) telling them all she needed to go to bed cause Santa was coming. When we got home Kaiya got on her Christmas PJ's and posed for some pictures. When she went to bed she told me "Mom Santa is coming to town" When Brett got home we turned on a Christmas Story and started putting together Kaiya's Tinker Bell Cafe and setting everything up.







Christmas Morning

Man Kaiya was sooo funny. This morning I went in her room when she woke up and she said good morning Mom Santa came. I took her to the bathroom and then we went back in her room to wait for Daddy. We had a family prayer Wishing Jesus a Happy Birthday and to thank him for all that his life is to us. Then I went into the family room with the camera to get ready for Kaiya. We told her to come in that Santa had been here. Well the way our family room is set up is that she would have to walk around a couch before she could see anything. But instead of just walking around out Kaiya peeked her head up over it.



Once she saw the toys she came running around.


She ran up to the kitchen but then she did the funniest thing. She must have been a little overwhelmed because she backed up stood and stared and then made a run for it.


I heard a door slam and went to check. Kaiya had shut her self up in the bathroom with the light off. She wouldn't come out again until I came and got her. It didn't take long for her to warm up though. We all enjoyed the rest of the morning opening presents. After we were done I made Breakfast and now Kaiya and Daddy are playing on the floor while I update this blog.








We truly have been blessed this year. We had our trials but as usual we have come out stronger. I am so grateful for Mary and her courage to be the Mother to our Savior. I am so grateful to Jesus and his life and the example he is to. I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas.

No comments: