Thursday, February 14, 2008

Simon.. The hunter

Let me first start by explaining. When I got Simon he was about 6 weeks old and he is a beagle. Which are suppose to be hunting dogs. Well for the first year Simon spent most of his time running from ducks in the park, cats, or really anything that moved besides dogs. Then he started doing this thing where when he saw another dog coming he lays down and waits for them to get close then leaps out at them. Well yesterday Brett and I took Simon to the park. Quick side note, The park was gorgeous ( I wish I would have taken my camera). You could see huge fish in the pond, and turtles sun bathing on the center island. Well, back to Simon, he saw this big duck and took off running for it. Brett had to pull him back just in time to keep him from leaping in the pond. It was to long later that Simon started freaking out. He had caught the scent of a squirrel and Brett had to hang on for dear life. Brett was howling and screeching so loud that it sounded like he was being hurt he was so excited. People stopped to watch as Simon was running in and out of bushes trying to catch his Squirrel. Needless to say I think we all enjoyed our time at the park. Oh and no animals were hard ;)

1 comment:

Julie Winder said...

Emmy I love your pictures and your posts...I am so happy for you...it brings back so many fun memories of when we were expecting Anneka..I was telling mom just the other day..emily is going to have the cutest little girl, I can't wait. I am sorry I have been so sick..I will call you!