Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Weekend Update


well Last Friday we had some friends come in from Utah, and stay until yesterday morning. It was so much fun to show them where our new home is. Friday we just hung out around town and kinda caught up with them. Saturday the guys went to hit golf balls while us girls went to a birthday party for one of Kaiya's friends. Then we all met up for samples and a hot dog at Costco. After that we took them down town to check out the river. Followed by a paddle boat in greenfield lake to hunt for swimming turtles and alligators. We found a ton of turtles but only one alligator. Then we grabbed some dinner, to eat at home so Kaiya could get a much needed nap. Had some friends over and played games. Well then Sunday we got up and headed down to Myrtle Beach south Carolina which is only an hour drive from here. We took them to all the awesome shops on there lakes (which to me look like big ponds). Fed the fish and the turtles. Went to the strip and beach down there and hit up the Tanger outlets on our way out. Oh and ate at Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville. Monday Brett had to go to work :( but I took them down to the Aquarium at fort fisher and then spent the afternoon at them beach. This was Kaiya's first real time to actually play at the beach. Of course she ate a lot of sand (yuck) and then miss Independent didn't want her Mommy to hold her. So finally I just set her down and she went crawling right into the waves. After being hit a few times and needed a nap really bad I went and sat with her at the tent. Needless to say next time I take her I am going to make sure she is well rested first. Yesterday they went home, and I tried to start putting the house back in order. It was a very fun weekend. So if anyone wants to come visit....now you know what is in store.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shes adorable!! I love your baby!!

Travis and Celena said...

How fun! I want to go to the beach! I am glad you had a good time.

Misty said...

How fun! I want to do fun things like that with Capri this summer...