Friday, June 20, 2008

Kaiya Lilly Shurtleff

So to my baby story. I went in Monday night to be induced because of the complications I have had with pregnancy. We got there and found out I was already a little bit along. But Monday night they were just getting me ready to be induced Tuesday morning. Well They started everything at 9pm and by 2am I was already Dilated to a 3. They drugged me up and after a lot of drugs I finally went to sleep. Woke up the next morning, they started around 8 and by 9:15 I had broken my water. I got my Epidural, although I hate needles and find them very scary, I was so grateful for it. At that time I was at a 4. Well I stayed that way, and very comfortable not feeling anything until 10:30 that night. They checked me again and I was at a 5. This is when I started to feel the lovely pain of labor. They upped my epidural but it still didn't cover the areas I was hurting. I was checked again at 11:20 and I was at a 6, Brett when to call our families to let them know by the time he got back I was hurting pretty bad. I told him I felt I needed to push but it was only 11:40, only 20 minutes since I was last checked. So no way I could be ready, well I was wrong. I was at a 10 and ready to go. after 20 minutes of pushing our beautiful Daughter, Kaiya was born at exactly 12:00 am. One minute earlier and she would of had a different birthday.

Thats when things made a turn for the scary side. Kaiya was very very healthy, and that was my biggest concern. But they weren't able to get me to stop bleeding. I told Brett to go with Kaiya to the nursery while they worked on me for a bit. Not thinking anything would go wrong. Well Brett came up an hour later and found them taking me to the Operating Room. Thats where they continued to work on trying to get me to stop bleeding. Long story short, I was gonna be okay. They were able to get the bleeding to stop and I finally got to be with my Daughter at 5:30 that morning.

With the amount of Blood I lost, we got to enjoy an extra few days in the hospital and finally came home today. My blood count is still low so I am not allowed to do much but take care of my daughter. Which is okay by me.

No comments: